Covering every aspect of health care for adults, Internal Medicine is the largest department in the Yale School of Medicine, and the largest clinical service at Yale New Haven Hospital. We provide comprehensive and specialized services in all areas in a variety of outpatient settings as well as the Veterans Affairs (VA) Connecticut Health Care System campus in West Haven.
Our culture of collaboration and research gives patients access to expert opinions from nearly 1,000 doctors, as well as opportunities to get tomorrow’s health care today through more than 100 clinical trials. Most importantly, we attend to our diverse community of patients with compassionate, thorough care.
Specialized care is offered in the following areas:
- Allergy & clinical immunology
- Cardiovascular medicine
- Digestive diseases
- General internal medicine
- Infectious diseases
- Medical oncology
- Occupational health & environmental medicine
- Pulmonology, critical care & sleep medicine
- International reputation for work in understanding function, independence, and quality of life in older persons
- Key research breakthroughs of the past decade that include the development of a protective Lyme bacillus disease vaccine, exploration of the underlying causes of allergic disease, and the discovery of novel inherited immunological diseases
- Largest interventional cardiology program in Connecticut
- Major referral center for patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, as well as other metabolic conditions
- Nationally ranked program in kidney diseases and the largest kidney transplant program in New England, with multidisciplinary care clinics
- One of the largest peripheral vascular programs in the country, with leadership and participation in multiple new percutaneous device trials
- Once of only a few motility centers in Connecticut to provide all motility procedures and services
- Unique medical forensic exams for individuals with claims of torture who are seeking asylum in the U.S.
Showing 4 of 30
Showing 3 of 35
Showing 2 of 157