General Internal Medicine
The physicians in our General Internal Medicine section are national leaders in their fields, and provide dedicated, comprehensive patient care in both inpatient and outpatient settings at several sites across Connecticut:
- At Yale Internal Medicine Associates in New Haven, we provide state-of-the-art general medical care for adults.
- At the Primary Care Centers at Yale New Haven Hospital’s York Street Campus and Saint Raphael’s Campus, we provide care through specialized programs in traveling health, rheumatology, dermatology, podiatry, and mental health.
- The Occupational and Environmental Medicine clinic focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases due to chemical, biological, and physical hazards in the workplace and environment.
- The Primary Care Center located at the VA Connecticut Healthcare System in West Haven is also a major clinical and teaching site, and provides specialized Women’s Health and stroke care.
- Clinics at Waterbury Hospital and St. Mary's Hospital in Waterbury
- Specialized programs in dermatology, mental health, rheumatology, and health care for travelers
- Medical forensic exams for individuals with claims of torture who are seeking asylum in the U.S.
We are also involved in community outreach and service programs that expand the reach of our research and clinical programs. Our research programs in such areas as substance abuse, occupational medicine, and chronic disease management provide our patients in the community with a variety of opportunities to access care and improve their health. Many of our faculty members are graduates of the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program.