Our nationally and internationally recognized physicians are experts in diagnosing and treating diseases related to the body’s endocrine system, which regulates hormones. They also specialize in treating metabolic disease, or any of the diseases or disorders that disrupt normal metabolism, the process of converting food to energy.
We are a national referral center for 3,000 patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, as well as other metabolic conditions. We help patients transition seamlessly from pediatric to adult care.
We emphasize a personalized approach to care, tailoring the treatment program to each patient’s needs. Our 24/7 consult service provides expert consultations to patients with complex conditions, spanning the full spectrum from disorders of the thyroid to electrolyte abnormalities and hormonal conditions.
Specialized care is offered in the following areas:
- Bone Center
- Diabetes Center
- Endocrine Neoplasia Program (thyroid/adrenal)
- Pituitary Program
- A major referral center for 3,000 patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, as well as other metabolic conditions, including obesity and lipid disorders. Services include insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitoring, and access to clinical trials.
- An inpatient diabetes management service that is available 24/7 to assist clinicians in achieving optimal glucose control in hospitalized patients in both ICU and non-ICU settings
- A national referral site for patients with thyroid diseases, including hyperthyroidism, thyroiditis, thyroid nodules, and thyroid cancer; and adrenal diseases, including adrenal masses, Cushing syndrome, hyperaldosteronism, and pheochromocytoma
- Multidisciplinary care provided to patients with pituitary diseases, including tumors, prolactinomas, Cushing syndrome, acromegaly, hypopituitarism, and hypophysitis. Special services include intraoperative MRI and intraoperative hormonal testing to ensure complete removal of tumor.
- National and international experts on metabolic bone disease, including osteoporosis, hyperparathyroidism, Paget disease, vitamin D disorders, and genetic conditions involving the skeleton. Challenging cases are reviewed at a monthly multidisciplinary bone conference.
- Bone density measurements by the Yale Densitometry Service that are taken on a new Hologenic DXA scanner