Our team of neurosurgeons, scientists, practitioners, and support staff is devoted to providing the best neurosurgical care for adults and children with all types of neurological disorders of the central (brain and spinal cord) and peripheral nervous systems, as well as the blood vessels supplying them.
Each of our neurosurgeons is highly specialized, and many are internationally recognized as experts in their fields. Patients receive the best in neurosurgical care, resulting in consistently excellent outcomes.
Reliable and compassionate staff facilitate neurosurgical care and promptly coordinate multidisciplinary appointments, typically within a week, to minimize patient wait times. Inpatient care is provided in a state-of-the-art hospital setting with cutting-edge resources, including a dedicated Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit staffed by highly specialized neurointensivists and neuro-focused staff.
We accept and treat every patient, and readily accept referrals from other neurosurgeons and physicians in Connecticut and beyond. We provide prompt consultation and management for high-risk, complicated conditions that require our expertise and experience.
Conditions we treat include:
- All types of primary brain tumors, including gliomas, glioblastomas, and meningiomas
- Metastatic brain, spine, and spinal cord tumors
- Pituitary tumors (adenomas)
- Spinal disorders (such as herniated disks, stenosis, and scoliosis)
- Peripheral nerve syndromes (such as carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Neurovascular disease (aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, and carotid artery stenosis)
- Pediatric and congenital disorders (including hydrocephalus, craniosynostosis, spina bifida, and congenital spine deformities)
- Movement disorders (including Parkinson's disease and tremors)
- Pain disorders (such as trigeminal neuralgia)
- Spasticity (including multiple sclerosis)
- Brain and spine trauma
- Cerebrospinal fluid disorders (such as normal pressure hydrocephalus)
We offer Y Access, a direct line of communication that gives community physicians direct, 24/7 access for the rapid transfer of inpatients who would benefit from our neurosurgical expertise.
- Only center in New England with a 3T hybrid operating room, housing 3 MRIs and biplane angiogram, allowing for safer and more successful treatment of all types of brain tumors, vascular diseases, movement disorders, and epilepsy
- Largest Gamma Knife® stereotactic radiosurgery program in Connecticut
- Sophisticated surgery techniques, including motor mapping and awake craniotomy
- Skull base microsurgery, including minimally invasive endoscopic surgery
- Expertise in a full range of pediatric neurosurgery, including intracranial and complex spine surgery in children of all ages
- Comprehensive epilepsy surgery program
- Tertiary trauma center providing life-saving spinal and brain injury surgery
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) program improving the quality of life for patients with Parkinson’s disease, and/or movement and pain disorders
- Multidisciplinary Spine Center, with the expertise of specialists from neurosurgery, orthopaedics, pain management, physical therapy, and radiology providing comprehensive evaluation and management for degenerative, neoplastic, traumatic, deformity, revision, and congenital spinal disorders