Inpatient Supportive Care Program
Smilow Cancer Hospital is pleased to offer an Inpatient Supportive Care Program at The Connecticut Hospice’s 52-bed waterfront hospital in Branford. Eligible patients will have access to a restful, quiet waterfront environment with 24/7 visiting hours and full time social work, chaplaincy, and arts services.
This comprehensive, inter-professional partnership provides non-hospice services, including:
- Acute, expert-level symptom management of pain, shortness of breath, and other distressing symptoms
- High staff-to-patient ratios, including one RN for every six patients
- A spectrum of medical services
- Holistic, quality-of-life-oriented care in a peaceful waterfront setting – no patient is ever awakened at 5AM for blood tests or vital signs
- 24/7 visiting hours, including in-room boarding for family and friends
- Your family pet may be welcome to visit
- Liberalized diets (including all beverages)
- Full time social work, chaplaincy, and arts services
- In-house medical marijuana protocol for pain management
On site tours are offered to interested patients and their family, and liaisons are available to answer questions and review the services offered in detail.
Contact: (203) 315-7540